Vehicle noise

You can report noisy exhaust issues to the Environment Protection Authority (EPA).

For a noisy exhaust report to be complete, you will need to provide the following information:

  • Your name and phone number (these details will not be passed on to the owner of the vehicle)
  • The registration plate of the noisy vehicle (for vehicles registered in NSW, ACT, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria)
  • A description of the vehicle - make, model, colour and type
  • The street and suburb where the noisy vehicle was observed
  • The date and time the vehicle was observed.

Reports must be submitted within 14 days of observing a noisy vehicle. The EPA can only take action on reports of noisy vehicles where the source of the noise is the vehicle exhaust. For more information about reporting other types of noisy vehicles, call the EPA's Environment Line on 131 555.