- Home Home
- Residents Residents
- Business Business
- Community Community
- Recreation Recreation
- Environment Environment
- Building & Development Building & Development
- Council Council
Waste & recycling
- Collection days & bins
- Book a clean-up collection
- Avoiding waste- Reuse Repair Share
- Tricky waste items
- Resources for apartment buildings
- Composting & wormfarming
- Commercial waste & recycling services
- Illegal dumping
- Keeping Waverley beautiful
- Where your waste goes
- Return & Earn
- Solar bins
- Recycle Smart app
- Plastic free businesses
Trees & gardens
- Trees: FAQs
- Trees on private property
- Trees on public land
- Trees & development
- Tree policies
- Public gardening
- Gardening with native plants
- Waverley Garden Awards
- Herbicide application
- Graffiti management
- Noise & disturbance
- Abandoned vehicles
- Abandoned shopping trolleys
- Rat control
- Our smoke-free areas
- Pets & animals
- Contacts, dates, agendas & minutes
- Finding your precinct
- Precinct policy
- Frequently asked questions
- Email a request for precinct information
- Online maps
Demand for parking spaces on the streets of Waverley, in some areas, exceeds the supply of spaces on most days. Waverley’s parking system consists of paid and permit parking and residential zones, and is reviewed and adjusted regularly to maximise its capacity so that everyone – residents, visitors, commuters and business operators – has fair and equal access to spaces.
Many Waverley residents choose to become members of a Car Share program so that they can have the convenience of a car without the costs associated with personal car ownership. Car Share vehicles often occupy authorised parking spaces with each active car share space resulting in up to six fewer cars parked in our residential streets. For more information please click here.
A number of permits are available to Waverley residents on an annual basis. Permits vary from beach parking and residential parking permits, to new carers’ and visitors’ permits, and provide greater opportunities to park in some of the LGA’s busiest areas.
Resident Parking Schemes
Resident Parking Schemes operate in different parts of Waverley. Residents who live within one of the zones may be eligible for a Residential Parking Permit so they can park free of charge, for an unlimited time, in the zone designated on the permit.
Waverley Council owns and operates commercial car parks within the area as well as a number of free car parks. You can find out more about the operating hours of these car parks.
Waverley Council also operates a network of parking meters in commercial areas and at its beaches to help manage the demand for parking. Parking meter rates vary depending on the time and location. All parking meters accept coins and secure credit card payment, as well as payment using new PayPass, Paywave and mobile payment technology.
Waverley Council is always looking for the best solutions to help manage demand for parking in the Waverley community. This includes installing new infrastructure and systems to help make parking your car in Waverley easier and more accessible. Here, you’ll find information on some of the projects we are currently working on to improve parking services.
Waverley Council’s parking officers regularly patrol residential and commercial areas to ensure vehicles are parked in accordance with the relevant road rules and parking restrictions. This helps to ensure the availability of parking in our area.
Parking & school zones safety
Keeping children safe around our roads and educating drivers about parking safety are key priorities for Waverley Council.
Permit application forms
- Parking permit application form | 345KB
- Daily Visitor Permit application form | 406KB
- Tradesperson permit applications form |319KB
- Active Patrolling Surf Club Members Beach Parking Permit application form | 243KB
- Teachers permit applications form |407KB
- Parking Permits - Conditions of Use | 410KB
- Carers Parking Permit Application Form | 412KB
Need more information?
- Phone our Customer Service Centre on 9083 8000
- Visit us as 55 Spring Street, Bondi Junction
- Email us