Noise & disturbance

To report a noise nuisance in Waverley, please contact Council on 9083 8000 (during business hours) or call the Police on 131 444 (after hours) at the time of the incident.

Noise generated by ventilation machines and air conditioning units can be a serious concern for residents, and may be cause for complaint. Noise can affect people in a number of ways, and can vary from inconvenience to sleep disturbance.

In responding to noise complaints, Council will consider the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 and its definition of “offensive noise” to determine if an activity is or has been carried out in an environmentally unsatisfactory way.

More information

For more information, please contact the Customer Service Centre on 9083 8000, email or visit the NSW Environment website.