Discover your local area with access to interactive maps of Waverley Local Government Area together with community information of local services, facilities, planning controls and historical imagery. You can search a property address to display a map of the property’s location with details of the waste collection day and overlay map layers to find information about your nearest childcare centre, school, sporting facilities and more. The online service is compatible with mobile devices so you can lookup information on the go.
Please read the disclaimer first, then click on one of the links below to start.
- Accessibility Map – view accessible transport options as well as the location of stairs, seats and toilets to help you to navigate your journey
- Capital Works Map – view locations of Council’s capital works projects for 2020-2021, as well as timing of works and contact information.
- Council Wards Map- This interactive page will help you locate your ward. You can view its boundaries and discover ways to get in touch with your council member.
- Environment Map – view vegetation cover, heat island effect, biodiversity corridors and bushcare locations
- Planning Map – view local planning controls such as zoning, heritage, flood, etc relating to your property from Council’s Local Environmental Plan (LEP) and Development Control Plan (DCP)
- Precinct Map- enter your address into our map to find your precinct area, meeting dates, your precinct committee and view previous agendas and minutes.
- Public Map – general information about local services including location of community centres, venue hire, public wifi, childcare centres, schools, toilets, buildings, parking and dog parks for example
Whilst the material on this website is provided by Council in good faith, the Council is making this website available for you without assuming a duty of care to you as user. Your use of this website is at your own risk.
The website should not be relied upon as, the ultimate or complete source of information on any subject. That is, the information is not intended to be exhaustive or to substitute the need for making independent enquiries. For example, the information provided in the online maps on the website is not to be relied upon for planning purposes and instead a planning certificate (Section 10.7) is necessary particularly when considering any planning, building or development works.
The material published on this site does not constitute legal or other form of advice upon which you can rely. Council is not in the business of providing professional advice and gives no warranty, express or implied, guarantee or representation about the accuracy, completeness, currency, correctness, reliability or timeliness or otherwise of the information contained on the website or linked sites.
The Council will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, damage or expense of any kind recognized by law which are the consequence of you using this website or acting or failing to act on any information contained on or referred to on the website and/or any of the linked sites.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to sites owned and operated by third parties which are not under the control of Council, these links are provided as a convenience to you only and the existence of a link to other sites does not imply any endorsement by the Council of the views, opinions, standards expressed at the linked sites and the Council is not responsible for the information or material contained on these linked sites. Similarly, you should not interpret the absence of a link from the Council’s site to any particular third party site as a criticism or comment by the Council on the provider or content of that site.
About the online maps
Further, as to online access to interactive maps of the Waverley Local Government Area, this information has been compiled from various sources and is subject to modifications and continual updating over time.
Aerial Imagery used on this website is supplied for Council’s purposes by, and is subject to agreement with, AAM Hatch and Sinclair Knight Merz Pty Ltd.
Should you detect any errors or omissions or wish to query such information in respect to the online maps provided, please email us or phone 9083 8000.
If you wish to enquire about any of the information presented on Discover, please contact Council’s GIS team:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 9083 8000
Need more information?
Council has a Duty Planner available for general enquiries relating to the planning process, policies and lodgement requirements.The Duty Officer is not able to provide detailed planning advice or high level planning information. You can email your enquiry to email@example.com or
- Phone: 9083 8000
- In person at our Customer Service Centre, 55 Spring Street, Bondi Junction (Monday to Friday 8:30am - 1pm and 2pm - 4pm)