Discover your local community with ‘Discover Waverley’
Waverley Council has upgraded its new interactive online mapping tool, called ‘Discover Waverley’ to provide improved public access to a range of local Council information and services.
The online tool allows residents or visitors to search for an assortment of spatial information, including property and land details, land zoning classification, capital works projects, flood liable land, waste collection days, administrative boundaries and more. Importantly, the platform has the potential for additional spatial layers to be included over time and will evolve according to community needs. Requests for additional information to be added to the platform can be made to email@example.com
One of the benefits is that it is compatible on all mobile devices and offers the functionality like “find my nearest”, integration with Google Streetview, and the ability for members of the public to analyse spatial data and produce custom maps for their own purposes.
Some of the map themes available to view include:
- Accessibility Map - provides information about some main access features and barriers in the city. This information can help people with mobility requirements and people who use mobility aids, such as wheelchairs, to better navigate the city.
- Capital Works Map - view locations of Council’s capital works projects for 2021-2022, as well as timing of works and contact information.
- Council Wards & Precincts Map - This interactive page will help you locate your ward. You can view its boundaries and discover ways to get in touch with your council member.
- Environment Map - view vegetation cover, heat island effect, biodiversity corridors and bushcare locations
- Planning Map - view local planning controls such as zoning, heritage, flood, etc relating to your property from Council’s Local Environmental Plan (LEP) and Development Control Plan (DCP)
- Public Map - general information about local services including location of community centres, venue hire, public WIFI, childcare centres, schools, toilets, buildings, parking and dog parks for example
- Transport & Parking – view parking areas, local bus stops, popular walking path and cycleways
Whilst the material on this website is provided by Council in good faith, the Council is making this website available for you without assuming a duty of care to you as user. Your use of this website is at your own risk.
The website should not be relied upon as, the ultimate or complete source of information on any subject. That is, the information is not intended to be exhaustive or to substitute the need for making independent enquiries. For example, the information provided in the online maps on the website is not to be relied upon for planning purposes and instead a planning certificate (Section 10.7) is necessary particularly when considering any planning, building or development works.
The material published on this site does not constitute legal or other form of advice upon which you can rely. Council is not in the business of providing professional advice and gives no warranty, express or implied, guarantee or representation about the accuracy, completeness, currency, correctness, reliability or timeliness or otherwise of the information contained on the website or linked sites.
The Council will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, damage or expense of any kind recognized by law which are the consequence of you using this website or acting or failing to act on any information contained on or referred to on the website and/or any of the linked sites.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to sites owned and operated by third parties which are not under the control of Council, these links are provided as a convenience to you only and the existence of a link to other sites does not imply any endorsement by the Council of the views, opinions, standards expressed at the linked sites and the Council is not responsible for the information or material contained on these linked sites. Similarly, you should not interpret the absence of a link from the Council’s site to any particular third party site as a criticism or comment by the Council on the provider or content of that site.
About the online maps
Further, as to online access to interactive maps of the Waverley Local Government Area, this information has been compiled from various sources and is subject to modifications and continual updating over time.
Aerial Imagery used on this website is supplied for Council’s purposes by, and is subject to agreement with, AAM Hatch and Sinclair Knight Merz Pty Ltd.
Should you detect any errors or omissions or wish to query such information in respect to the online maps provided, please email us or phone 9083 8000.
If you wish to enquire about any of the information presented on Discover, please contact Council’s GIS team:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 9083 8000
Need more information?
Council has a Duty Planner available for general enquiries relating to the planning process, policies and lodgement requirements. The Duty Officer is not able to provide detailed planning advice or high level planning information.
You can email your enquiry to email@example.com or
Phone: 9083 8484