Outstanding notices certificate

Section 735A and Section 121ZP

A Section 735A & 121ZP Outstanding Notices Certificate lists any outstanding notices and orders issued by Council in relation to a particular property. Although Section 735A & 121ZP refers to notices and orders issued only under the provisions of the Local Government Act 1993 and the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, Council also provides a list of any outstanding notices and orders issued by Council under the provisions of any other Act under which it is authorised to do so. Notices issued might include unauthorised building works, stormwater works, or unsafe or unhealthy conditions.

You may apply for a Section 735A & 121ZP Outstanding Notices Certificate at any time, but a certificate is often needed before property settlement.

Apply for a Section 735A and Section 121ZP Certificate

There are two ways a Section 735A and Section 121ZP Certificate can be issued to you - electronically or in hard copy.


Apply online using our new online certificate service and receive an electronic PDF version of your Section 735A and Section 121ZP Certificate in a reduced time. The process is simple:

  • Register an account or simply log in as a one-time user
  • Follow the easy step-by-step process to order your certificate
  • Pay by credit card and you will receive a receipt straight away

Your request will be checked and the certificates will be emailed in a secure PDF format within 3-4 working days.

Registered users

You can choose to become a registered user of the e-Certificate service, which will make ordering multiple certificates quicker and easier, and will provide you with access to a full history of all previous orders and transactions on the site. This is recommended for customers who may need to lodge applications regularly for a variety of e-Certificates.

One-time users

One-time users can order multiple certificates at once and track the status of their applications, but will need to enter their contact details each time they lodge an application online. This is recommended for customers who many only need to use the system once or very rarely.

This service is part of Council’s aim to provide faster, more user friendly services and manage information in a more accessible way.

If you experience any trouble using our online application and payment system, make sure you have enabled 'TLS' option with your Web Browser and then try it again.

Hard copy

You can still request a hard copy of your Certificate and pay either in person or via post. Please note that processing of your certificate may take longer than the electronic processing.

To request a hard copy certificate, please download the Certificate Application Form and complete all of the information. You can then lodge your application in person at our Customer Service Centre, 55 Spring Street, Bondi Junction and pay the relevant fee. Alternatively, post your completed application form and a cheque for the full amount to:

Waverley Council
PO Box 9
Bondi Junction NSW 1355

Apply online for e-Certificates

We’re making the application for Certificates quicker and easier with the expansion of our online e-Certificates system.

You can now apply online for:

  • Section 149 Planning Certificates
  • Section 603 Rating Certificates
  • Section 735A and 121ZP Certificates.

Apply now