Building information certificates

If you want Council to check the work that has been undertaken on a site, you should apply for a Building Information Certificate.

An application for a building information certificate may be made by:

  1. The owner of the land on which the building is erected
  2. Any person, with the consent of the owner of that land
  3. The purchaser under a contract for the sale of property that comprises or includes the building or part, or by the purchaser’s solicitor or agent
  4. A public authority that has notified the owner of its intention to apply for the certificate.

Please contact Council's Customer Service Centre on 9083 8000 for a fee quote.

Related forms/documents

Need more information?

Please contact Council's Building Compliance Department on 9083 8000.

Apply online for e-Certificates

We’re making the application for Certificates quicker and easier with the expansion of our online e-Certificates system.

You can now apply online for:

  • Section 10.7 Planning Certificates
  • Section 603 Rating Certificates
  • Section 735A and 121ZP Certificates.

Apply now