Building information certificates

If you want Council to check the work that has been undertaken on a site, you should apply for a Building Information Certificate.

An application for a building information certificate may be made by:

  1. The owner of the land on which the building is erected
  2. Any person, with the consent of the owner of that land
  3. The purchaser under a contract for the sale of property that comprises or includes the building or part, or by the purchaser’s solicitor or agent
  4. A public authority that has notified the owner of its intention to apply for the certificate.

Please contact Council's Customer Service Centre on 9083 8000 for a fee quote.

Related forms/documents

Need more information?

Council has a Duty Planner available for general enquiries relating to the planning process, policies and lodgement requirements.The Duty Officer is not able to provide detailed planning advice or high level planning information. You can email your enquiry to or

  • Phone: 9083 8000
  • In person at our Customer Service Centre, 55 Spring Street, Bondi Junction (Monday to Friday 8:30am - 1pm and 2pm - 4pm)

Apply online for e-Certificates

We’re making the application for Certificates quicker and easier with the expansion of our online e-Certificates system.

You can now apply online for:

  • Section 10.7 Planning Certificates
  • Section 603 Rating Certificates
  • Section 735A and 121ZP Certificates.

Apply now