Customer Service Centre
Address: 55 Spring St, Bondi Junction. NSW 2022
Opening hours: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Bondi Pavilion Customer Service (Welcome Centre)
Address: Queen Elizabeth Drive, Bondi Beach NSW 2026
Opening Hours: 10am - 4pm Monday to Sunday
All Council services, including payments (Eftpos and Credit Card only), parking permits and all general requests and enquiries.
All correspondence should be addressed to:
The General Manager
PO Box 9, Bondi Junction 1355 or
DX 12006 Bondi Junction.
ABN: 12 502 583 608
Council welcomes all feedback from the community and all comments received about Council policies and procedures, service quality and behaviour of staff will be responded to in a timely, respectful and appropriate manner. Please email email@example.com or log using the online feedback form.
|Free Call, emergencies only
|Beach, Lifeguard Services
To report an emergency situation
For media enquiries
For all other enquiries including lost property, weather/beach conditions, tourist and events information, safety talks, etc
0416 075 532 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Only contact if damage is in a Waverley Council owned building
|Report illegal parking
|Report Parking Meter Faults
|Roads or footpaths - Waverley Council
|If you spot a dangerous road or footpath
|Storm damage, fallen trees
|Only contact if damage is in a Waverley Council owned building or park
|Street trees- 9083 8000
Private trees- SES 132 500
The Duty Planner is available for general telephone, email and counter enquires between 8.30am and 5pm Wednesday and Thursday during normal operations.
The Duty Officer is not able to provide detailed planning advice or high level planning information.
Requests for plans and information on current DAs should be directed to email@example.com
Please call 9083 8000 for fee quotes and reports of illegal developments.
Development applications must be lodged on the NSW Planning Portal.
Please note during the lockdown period, you should make your enquiries to the Duty Planner by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your enquiry will be answered within 5 business days and the timing of response will depend on the complexity of the matter. We apologise for any inconvenience for delayed responses.
Free JP service provided by NSW Justice Association Member volunteers is available at:
Waverley Customer Service Centre
Address: 55 Spring Street, Bondi Junction.
Available Monday to Friday: 10am to 12pm (Subject to availability. Call 9083 8000 to confirm)
Waverley Library (Saturday only)
Address: 32-48 Denison Street, Bondi Junction.
Available Saturday 10am - 12pm (Subject to availability. Call 9083 8777 to confirm)
Read through the below list to ensure you are prepared and ready for when you see a Justice of the Peace
- Visiting a JP does not cost anything, as JPs volunteer their time. Due to demand, there may be a wait for you to see the JP. Please be patient.
- Explain what it is you need to be completed – some documents can take more time than you expect if they have many pages and or documents.
- JPs cannot stay past the closing time. Customers with large volumes of documents may be required to return the next day.
- Do not sign any of your documents – you may complete the details required but if the document needs to be witnessed, declared, or sworn the Justice of the Peace must complete what is required and must personally see you sign it.
- Please take some form of identification that is valid and has not expired. It may not be required but it is advisable to be prepared.
- Documentation originating from outside Australia or for use outside Australia cannot be witnessed by a NSW JP. These documents will need to be witnessed by a Public Notary. For Public Notary please see: notaries.org.au
- A JP can certify documents and can witness most oaths, signatures, affidavits, and statutory declarations.
- Please ensure you bring with you clear, photocopies of all documents that need to be witnessed/signed by the JP.
- Please note that not all NSW JPs sign QLD Land Titles documents.
- NSW JPs are not permitted by the NSW Attorney General to sign Proof of Life documents. These documents may be signed by public notaries or the International Services Branch of Centrelink.
Have you lost something on our beaches, parks or streets in Waverley? Report it here and we’ll let you know if we find anything!
Please note, you will only receive a response if your item is located.