Waverley Cemetery is the resting place of over one hundred thousand people and every grave tells a story. If you’re interested in exploring this unique and historic location, walking tours are available every Saturday.
Led by the Friends of Waverley Cemeteries, learn more about the prominent writers, artists, political figures, activists and sporting heroes who are interred at the cemetery, in addition to the everyday folk whose unique stories are also shared.
- When: Every Saturday from 9.00am – 10.30am
- Cost: $24.18 per person
- Bookings: Purchase your ticket via Eventbrite
Things to know:
- Attendees should wear comfortable walking shoes, bring water and wear sunscreen
- Refunds are not available however rescheduling tours can be arranged
- Due to the location of the Cemetery and the walking involved, this tour is not suitable for young children or persons with mobility issues.
Friends of Waverley Cemeteries are a group of dedicated volunteers and all monies raised from the tours goes towards memorial restoration work.
For further information about walking tours or to schedule a tour during the week, email email@example.com