What happens if my vehicle isn't registered in my name and/or address?

If you hold a New South Wales registration and the vehicle is registered in your name, you can contact the RMS and advise them of your change of address. Their local office is at 88 Ebley St, Bondi Junction. Alternatively you can advise them by calling 13 22 13 or by registering online at https://my.service.nsw.gov.au/MyServiceNSW/Register.

Unless you drive a company vehicle registered for business use, a vehicle that is not registered in the name or address of the applicant is only eligible for a 30 day Short Term Visitors Permit. These permits are renewable on expiry. We are unable to issue full permits in these cases, even where the vehicle belongs to a family member or is your vehicle but registered to another address.

If you drive a company vehicle, you will need a letter from your employer on company letterhead stating the registration expiry date, that you have sole use of the vehicle and that it is normally parked at this address.You will also need to provide a copy of the vehicle registration papers. The company letter head needs to include the organisation's ABN (Australian Business Number).

New DA requirements

From 1 October 2014, all building applications submitted to Council must include a CD / USB that contains all forms, plans and documents in soft copy.

Download the information sheet to find out more.

Need planning advice?

Contact Council's Duty Planner

  • Phone 9083 8484
  • Visit in person at our Customer Service Centre, 55 Spring Street, Bondi Junction