Subdivision certificate

If you wish to subdivide a piece of land that you own, you must first get development consent from Council and then apply for a Subdivision Certificate.

If the subdivision involves any building or construction works, you must have development consent, a Subdivision Certificate and a Construction Certificate before you can begin construction.
Related forms/documents
Need planning advice?

Contact Council's Duty Planner:

  • Phone 9083 8484
  • Visit in person at our Customer Service Centre, 55 Spring Street, Bondi Junction
  • Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 1pm and 2pm - 4pm
Apply online for e-Certificates

We’re making the application for Certificates quicker and easier with the expansion of our online e-Certificates system.


You can now apply online for:

  • Section 149 Planning Certificates
  • Section 603 Rating Certificates
  • Section 735A and 121ZP Certificates.

Apply now