Waverley Council issues a number of planning, building and development certificates.

  • Occupation Certificate

    An Occupation Certificate is issued by the appointed Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) for a development and grants approval for the use or occupation of a building. It is required for any new building work or change of use of a building with development consent or a Complying Development Certificate.

  • Section 603 Rating Certificate

    A Section 603 Rating Certificate specifies any outstanding rates, charges and debts payable to Council in relation to a property.

  • Section 735A and Section 121ZP Outstanding Notices Certificate

    A Section 735A & 121ZP Outstanding Notices Certificate lists any outstanding notices and orders issued by Council in relation to a particular property.

    • Section 10.7 Planning Certificate

      Under Section 10.7 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, Waverley Council can issue a certificate providing information about planning controls or property issues relating to any piece of land within the local government area.

    • Construction Certificate

      After a Development Application (DA) is approved, a Construction Certificate is needed before building can begin. A Construction Certificate certifies that the construction plans and specifications comply with the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and other relevant standards, the development consent and conditions, and that all necessary fees have been paid.

    • Subdivision Certificate

      If you wish to subdivide a piece of land that you own, you must first get development consent from Council and then apply for a Subdivision Certificate.

    • Building Information Certificate

      If you want Council to check the work that has been undertaken on a site, you should apply for a Building Certificate.

    • Complying Development Certificate

      This is small scale, low impact development that does not qualify as Exempt Development and is capable of faster approval process. Approval is granted with the issue of a Complying Development Certificate.

    • Heritage Exemption Certificate

      A Heritage Exemption Certificate may be issued if the works being carried out on a particular site do not have an impact on the significance of the heritage area or item. This means a DA may not need to be lodged for approval of the works.

Need planning advice?

Contact Council's Duty Planner:

  • Phone 9083 8484
  • Visit in person at our Customer Service Centre, 55 Spring Street, Bondi Junction
  • Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 1pm and 2pm - 4pm

Apply online for e-Certificates

We’re making the application for Certificates quicker and easier with the expansion of our online e-Certificates system.

You can now apply online for:

  • Section 10.7 Planning Certificates
  • Section 603 Rating Certificates
  • Section 735A and 121ZP Certificates.

Apply now