Beach Parking Permits
Download Beach Parking Permit Application Form
What is a beach parking permit?
A beach parking permit provides the opportunity for unlimited parking in the Queen Elizabeth Drive car park at Bondi Beach, and the Bronte Cutting car park at Bronte Beach. The permit carries an annual fee of $107 and is valid only for the nominated vehicle, i.e. it is not transferable to other vehicles.
Both carparks can be very busy during summer, unfortunately, a permit does not guarantee that a space will be available.
Are any vehicles ineligible for a permit?
Due to the physical constraints of the car parks, permits are not issued to vehicles with a length greater than 6 metres or a weight in excess of 4.5 tonnes. Tractors, trailers or vehicles that are not registered are not eligible for a permit.
What is the cost?
The permit carries an annual fee of $1,375.00, which represents the value of the parking available.
This fee is discounted to $107.00 for residents and ratepayers of Waverley Council. This represents the cost of administration and a proportion of the system operating costs.
Replacement cards cost the same as the original permit and may be obtained by bringing your original receipt to Council
Who is entitled to a discount permit?
To be eligible for a discount beach parking permit you must be a resident of Waverley or own property in the Waverley Local Government Area.
How do I apply for a permit?
Applications can be made by post or by calling in person at the Customer Service Centre, 55 Spring Street, Bondi Junction. To obtain a permit, you need to complete a Beach Parking permit application and pay the specified fee.
For a full fee permit you need to provide the following documents:
- for private vehicles: your vehicle registration showing that you are the registered owner, or
- For company vehicles: the current vehicle registration and a letter on company stationery stating that you have sole use of the vehicle and that it is garaged at your residential address. In some cases you may also be required to provide a Company Extract showing your position with the company (available from the Australian Securities and Investment Commission).
You need to provide the following documents for a discount permit:
- For residents: NSW Drivers Licence, showing address within Waverley or Residential Tenancy Agreement and at least one of the following showing the applicant's address; Rental Bond Board receipt, a receipted (paid) energy account, a receipted (paid) home contents insurance certificate of currency or Electoral roll card.
- For ratepayers: your rates Notice showing name of applicant.
- For private vehicles: your vehicle registration showing that you are the registered owner, or
- For company vehicles: the current vehicle registration and a letter on company stationery stating that you have sole use of the vehicle and that it is garaged at your residential address. Company Directors need to provide a Company Extract showing your position with the company (available from the Australian Securities and Investment Commission).
I have more than one vehicle. Can I have permits for them too?
Yes, but only one permit can be issued per vehicle.
How long is a permit valid for?
6 or 12 Month Discount Permits are valid from the date of issue, for each of these periods respectively. For information about the fees for Beach Parking Permits please refer to the Application Form available at the Customer Service Centre in Spring St Bondi Junction.
How does the permit work?
Council has introduced new technology to reduce fraudulent permit use, enabling faster access through ‘Permit Holders Only’ gates. Your permit is issued as a Smartcard which contains a record of your vehicle registration and the permit expiry date, and activates ‘Permit Holders Only’ boom gates at Bondi Beach car park.
To open a gate, hold the card where indicated at the gate. In the event of equipment failure, use the normal gate and show the card to the car park attendant upon leaving.
Can someone else use my permit?
Yes, other drivers can use the permit, but permits are not transferable to other vehicles.
What if I lose my permit?
If you are on record as having a current permit, a replacement Smartcard can be obtained by paying the applicable fee, plus the cost of a new card. Your missing card will be cancelled to prevent unauthorised use.
Top of Page