Places of Interest
Want to go to the theatre? Do a class? See great art? Be part of a festival, a music program or hold your own event? Then Bondi Pavilion is the place to be!
A cemetery for Waverley was discussed as early as 1863. Five years later Waverley Council agreed to manage this new cemetery. In 1875 the first purchase of land to start the cemetery took place. The first interment took place in the afternoon of 4 August 1877. To date over 80,000 interments have taken place in 50,000 gravesites and memorials over 40 acres.
Bondi Beach is a local and national icon. As part of the exciting upgrade of beach front Campbell Parade, WaverleyCouncil has commissioned Australian artists to celebrate Bondi Beach and its community in public art works.
On 5th June, 1863 the foundation stone of the Church was laid by Sir John Young, K.C.B., K.C.M.G. Its full name was St. Mary the Virgin but it is commonly known as St. Mary's.
Bronte House is Waverley's oldest property. The estate to which Bronte House belonged was extensive. It included the cliff to the south of the house, where the property’s stables were located, Bronte Gully and Bronte Park and even the beachfront itself. For more information visit the Bronte House website
Top of Page