Our 2017 Council Election

Waverley Council's election was held on Saturday 9 September 2017. The results of the election were declared on 17 September 2017.

Below is the list of 12 Councillors elected for this three year term September 2017 - September 2020. The names are listed in alphabetical order for each ward:

Lawson Ward
Cr Angela Burrill (Liberal)
Cr Elaine Keenan (Greens)
Cr Paula Masselos (Labor)

Waverley Ward
Cr George Copeland (Greens)
Cr Tony Kay (Liberal)
Cr Marjorie O’Neill (Labor)

Bondi Ward
Cr Leon Goltsman (Liberal)
Cr Dominic Wy Kanak (Greens)
Cr John Wakefield (Labor)

Hunter Ward
Cr Sally Betts (Liberal)
Cr Steven Lewis (Labor)
Cr Will Nemesh (Liberal)

Waverley's new Mayor and Deputy Mayor were elected at the first meeting of the new Council on Tuesday 26 September. Congratulations to Mayor of Waverley, Cr John Wakefield and Deputy Mayor, Cr Dominic Wy Kanak. Cr Wakefield was elected by his fellow Councillors to serve as Mayor for the term of two years. Cr Wy Kanak was elected by his fellow Councillors to serve as Deputy Mayor for a term of 12 months.