Family Day Care
Waverley Family Day Care is a not for profit quality child care service which offers professional and supervised care for children up to 12 years of age in the private homes of approved Family Day Care Care providers.
The Care providers are resourced and supported by Waverley Council Co-ordination Unit team.
The service is licensed by the NSW Department of Education and Communities and is rated with the National Quality Standards complying with the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011.
Who can use Family Day Care?
Family Day Care is available to parents who live, work or study in Sydney and who need reliable, quality care for their children. The service can cater for children with special needs and parents needing care while attending appointments or respite care.
How do children benefit from Family Day Care?
Children benefit from Family Day Care through:
- Opportunities to learn through play and exploration in a small group in a home environment
- Developing a close relationship with one care provider
- Socialising with mixed age groups in family settings
- Participating in activities provided to suit the child's individual needs - such as singing, story telling, make believe, play and creative experiences
- Community outings which may include visits to the library and parks, shopping and playgroups
- Learning about tolerance and acceptance of families and children with different cultures, lifestyles and needs
Waiting List and Referral Procedures
Click on the link to our Online Waiting List Application form, please fill in the information required and send it to us.
When requests for care are received, the Co-ordination Unit will establish if a suitable vacancy is available that matches the parents, child's and carer's needs.
If a vacancy is established the Coordination Unit will call/e-mail the parent to refer them to the available carer/s. The parent then arranges an interview with the carer/s in order to establish if the placement is appropriate for their child. Parents then are required to book an appointment to enroll their child prior to the commencement of care.
Fees and Charges
Fees are paid directly to the carer. There is also a small administration levy charged on daily basis. More detailed information is available in the Family Day Care booklet.
Would you like to know more about Family Day Care?
If you are interested in using Family Day Care, or in becoming a Care provider and you would like to know more about Family Day Care, contact the Co-ordination unit on: 02 9386 77 85 during office hours.
Top of Page