Building Waste & Hoardings
In order to operate in our Council area, Building Waste Container Companies must be registered with Council. They must also comply with certain conditions i.e. be placed in accordance with RTA guidelines and Council's Policy.
Residents wishing to use the services of a company to provide a Building Waste Container must contact one of these companies.
Companies found to be operating in our area without consent, may be fined.
Registration Fees for Building Waste Containers / Skip Bins
An annual registration fee of $600.00 is payable. An application form should be completed and submitted to Council's Customer Service Centre with the correct fee. A Certificate of Registration will be issued to the Company.
Application for Building Waste Containers
List of Registered Companies
Here is the list of Companies currently registered with Waverley Council, and their contact phone numbers.
|5 Star Rubbish Removal
||0418 271 800
|Ausscrap / Ring A Bin
|Bargain Skip Bins
|Dats Skip Bins
||1300 654 334
||0402 111 008
|Empire Skip Bins
|Get Fast Waste Bins
|Just Bins Waste Services
||1300 767 006
|Skip Master Waste Management & Austwaste Recyclers
|Skips on Site
||0410 520 993
Standby Waste Pty Ltd
|(02) 9661 1000
||0415 868 741
|Sydney Transwaste Industries Pty Ltd
0400 919 545
|Wasteline Waste Management
||0409 420 490
Conditions of Consent
- Containers will be positioned in conformity with the "Interim Guidelines for the Placement of Building Waste Containers" as prepared by the Roads and Traffic Authority of N.S.W.
- Location Criteria
- Rear marking plates and reflectors
- Flashing yellow lights
- Colour of container.
- Suppliers are to agree in writing to indemnify Council against any public liability claim arising from the placement of containers on Councils roadways and such insurance cover to indemnify Waverley Council for a minimum amount of $10,000,000. This policy IS TO BE IN EFFECTS AT ALL TIMES the waste containers are in a public place.
- Containers shall bear the name and telephone number of the supplier.
- Suppliers are to be responsible for any incidents or damage resulting from poor placement of containers or spilt debris.
- Suppliers agree that the site where containers are being placed will be left in a clean and tidy condition with all spillage removed from the area.
Hoardings, Storing Materials on footpaths
Builders who want to store building materials on footpaths or erect hoardings on the footpath must get approval from Waverley Council.
Fees for Hoardings:
- Application Fee $275.00
- 'A' Class Hoarding (Less then 1m from boundary) $30.00/m
- 'A' or 'B' Class Hoarding (1m or greater from the boundary) $30.00/m2
Fees for Storage:
- Application Fee $275.00
- Storage Fee $30.00/m2
Top of Page